The Market Drayton Community Partnership – MDCP – was formed in February 2012 as a direct result of the publication in September 2011 of the Market Drayton Town plan – marketdrayton.gov.uk
This was the first Community led Plan for the Town and created a series of prioritised actions to form a strategic plan for up to 10 years,and to:
– ensure the adoption and support of the Town Council and Shropshire Council
– bring together the views of the 1350 households that responded to the survey of needs, backed up by research and validation
– support the development of the Town
One of the recommendations within the Town Plan was the establishment of an organisation “ which is flexible, proactive and has wide support to take forward the work and actions identified in the plan.”
This resulted in the establishment of the MDCP, the aims of which are to try to develop ideas in to reality and action for the town’s benefit.
Membership is open to all residents in Market Drayton and surrounding areas, is free and operates on a voluntary basis. We would welcome new members and all that you would have to do is contact us via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We operate through a simple structure with an Annual General Meeting to discuss and report on ideas, progress and have a Working Group which meets quarterly to deal with detailed business. We have four working groups which focus on issues related to;
- Drayton Arts Festival (DAF) (draytonartsfest.org)
- Environment and Climate Change group
- Incredible Edible Market Drayton
- Tourism & Visitor Group (Discover Market Drayton)
Our latest venture is to support Market Drayton Town Council with the development of a Neighbourhood Plan for the town by 2016.
Other special interest groups will be considered for development, subject to availability of resorces.
Details of these Working groups are given on other pages.
We would like to extend a warm welcome to all who would like to join with us to try to make Market Drayton “a good place to live and work” as we said in our plan.